- These can be booked up to six weeks in advance (subject to availability).
- Appointments can be made in person at reception, online (registration required) or by telephoning the practice on 0161 445 9000.
- If you are unable to attend or no longer require a booked appointment, please cancel the appointment so that it can be offered to another patient. This can be done online or by telephoning the practice.
Booking Longer Appointments
Please consider whether you will need to book a longer appointment when seeing a clinician. Please ask a member of staff when booking your appointment.
General practice is here for you for longer as routine appointments become available on evenings and weekends
Our practice is working together with Didsbury Medical Practice, Kingsway Medical Centre and David Medical Centre to offer patients evening and weekend appointments.
From 1st October 2022, Primary Care Networks, groups of General Practices working together to deliver key health and care services, will be increasing access to pre-bookable, routine appointments at evenings and weekends.
Enhanced access appointments may include services like cervical screening, childhood vaccination clinics and health checks. People will be able to see a member of the general practice team, a GP, nurse or other health professional.
The appointments offered via enhanced access will be held at Barlow Medical Centre and Burnage Healthcentre and may be with a different clinician than usual. This clinician will have access to your health records and will be able to treat you in the same way as we would.
You can access these appointments via our reception team.
Late for appointment policy
We always do our best to try to see patients in a timely fashion. However this is unfortunately increasingly difficult as patients become more complex.
Most of our patients present with at least two or three problems which can rarely be dealt with in 15 minutes. We do our best to give each patient the time we feel they need and this often leads us to run late despite building in some catch up slots to our clinics.
Please help us by allowing plenty of time so that you arrive for your appointment on time.
We know it can be frustrating when you arrive on time and you have to wait a long time for your appointment. Please be patient with us. Perhaps one day you will also benefit from being given extra time when you need it.
Arriving late for an appointment makes clinicians run even later with a knock on effect on other patients.
With the above in mind, our policy is:
- If a patient is late less than 5 minutes for an appointment, they will be seen.
- If a patient is late between 5-10 minutes the patient may be asked to rebook or wait until the end of surgery to be seen.
The receptionist may need to speak to the clinician first to see if they are able to accommodate patient.
- Patients who arrive more than 10 minutes late for their appointment will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
If patient insists that urgent, the Receptionist has to contact the clinician to decide if patient can be seen at the end of surgery or fitted in at a later time during the day.